Sunday, September 13, 2009

English Party!

Yesterday we had one more English party. It is a way to help the missionaries to meet new people by inviting my students to participate! I really like these parties, we eat good food, we play games and chat only in English. It is really fun! Kevin and Benay were very generous to offer their house! :) May God Always provide the things they need, they really know how to share!
These are Luisa, and her sister Ligia, with her friend Maria in the middle. I have gone to Ligia and Luisa's house twice a week for about a year. We talk about almost everything in class, they are only teenager, but we are really good friends. Sometimes their friend Maria visit our classes!:)


There you can see Martje in front of the fireplace, she is my student from Germany. Next to her you see Briena, my student from the US. Yeah, that's right, sometimes she visits Martje's classes and do some English exercises with us!



On the left there is Ricardo, he brought his daughter Bruna and her friends from the military school! Ricardo is a big fan of our English parties, he has even offered his house for the next one!


This is Nicole, on the left, Martje's mother, my German friend!We try to meet for a coffee, but we are both very busy. At least we could chat a little at the english party! She is talking to Cesar's mom in the middle and her friend on the right.

This is Bruna, Ricardo's daughter playing wii with Cesar! We all had lots of fun! I hope we can develope good relationships for the church!






1 comment:

the Jewell family said...

Waleska,
we just had an English party last night. They have been a great outreach tool for this church in Natal.

I am so happy to hear that you and Matt will be in the States soon. We plan to move in mid November. I am happy and sad at the same time.

I hope we get to see you both very soon. Where will you be living?